The Influence of leadership style and work discipline on employee performance-based Islamic work ethic
Keywords:Leadership Style, Work Discipline, Performance, Work Ethic
This research is driven by the pattern of relationships that occur between superiors and subordinates that can make employees happy or unhappy to work in a cooperative, as an organization always deals with human resources to find the right person for the right job. This study aims to determine the existence of a leadership style and work discipline on employee performance based on the Islamic work ethic. In this way, it can be a benchmark for cooperatives to further improve the leadership style of the company in the future. This research uses quantitative research. Data collection techniques using questionnaires or questionnaires. This data collection technique involves obtaining data on the influence of variables (X1) Leadership style and variables (X2) Work discipline on variable (Y) employee performance based on Islamic work ethic. In addition, the results of the study indicate that the variable (X1) leadership style does not affect the variable (Y) of employee performance based on the Islamic work ethic, this is based on the results of the t test that the value sig> 0.05 so H0 is accepted and H1 is rejected. which means that the leadership style does not affect the performance of the employees. The results of this study are also reinforced by the results of a questionnaire that explains that the leadership style variable has an average presentation of 95% and the employee discipline variable (X2) affects the employee performance variable (Y). employed, it is based on the results of the t test that the value of sig <0.05 so that H0 is rejected and H2 is accepted. We can see by completing the questionnaire that describes the work discipline variable, the average presentation is 93.6% in work discipline. The F test shows the calculated F value of 3.686, where the value of 3.686> F table of 2.145, it means that the leadership variable (X1) and work discipline (X2) simultaneously affect the employee performance variable (Y), while leadership style and work discipline simultaneously have an effect of 36.2%, the remaining 63.8% being influenced by other variables not examined. Leadership is expected to motivate employees to do better at work. And it is hoped that a good leader can further improve employee performance.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Agus Karjuni, Farid Wajdi, Sumarno, Cindy Yulinar Pratiwi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.